Updated: Apr 6
This recipe went viral when it was placed on Tiktok a while back, so I had to give it a go. Oh my, I see what all the hype was about. It’s fun to make and so simple! For the best results use Greek feta made from a mix of goats and sheep milk. The result is much smoother and creamier; however, any feta will work.
500g (17oz) cherry or grape tomatoes
200g (7oz) block feta cheese
4 cloves garlic, halved lengthwise
250g (9oz) dried pasta
½ tsp chilli flakes or more if you like it spicy (optional)
½ cup extra virgin olive oil
fresh basil for serving
salt and pepper to taste
• Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
• Place tomatoes, garlic and chilli flakes (if using) in a 20x30 cm (8x12 inch), or similar size, ovenproof dish.
• Season with salt and pepper.
• Drizzle over half the oil.
• Place the block of feta in the middle of the dish and drizzle over the remaining oil.
• Bake for 40 minutes or until the tomatoes are soft and the feta is golden.
• In the meantime, cook the pasta as per packet directions.
• Drain, reserving 1 cup of the pasta water.
• Mash the feta and tomatoes using a fork, then add the pasta.
• Mix until well combined, adding the pasta water as needed to create a rich and creamy sauce.
• Serve in bowls and sprinkle with chopped basil..
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
Feel free to follow my Facebook page for more recipe idea videos and book discounts. https://www.facebook.com/theworldseasiestrecipes/