Updated: Apr 6
You won’t find an easier or tastier stroganoff recipe than this one. All the ingredients are placed in a baking dish and cooked in the oven. Easy peasy! Serve with noodles preferably pappardelle noodles but any noodles work.
4 large chicken thighs, bone-in, skin on
1 onion, finely chopped
200g (7oz) mushrooms, chopped
1 pkt (37g) creamy mushroom soup mix
2 tsp smoked paprika
½ tsp dried thyme
1 cup water
½ cup sour cream
salt and pepper to taste
• Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F) and grease a 23 cm (9 inch) baking dish.
• Scatter the onion and mushrooms in the bottom of the prepared dish.
• Whisk the soup mix, paprika, thyme and water in a large jug until well combined then pour over the onion and mushrooms.
• Rub a small amount of oil on the chicken skin then season with plenty of salt and pepper. Place on top of the onion and mushrooms.
• Bake for 45–50 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the skin is golden.
• Transfer the chicken to a serving platter.
• Mix the sour cream through the sauce then pour over the chicken and serve.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 45–50 minutes
Feel free to follow my Facebook page for more recipe idea videos and book discounts. https://www.facebook.com/theworldseasiestrecipes/