Curried sausages have been a favourite mid-week dinner for Kiwi families for generations. With this recipe it’s even simpler, as it’s cooked entirely in the oven. Serve with mashed potatoes.
1 onion, finely chopped
8 good-quality sausages
2 tsp crushed garlic
2 tsp beef stock powder
3 tbsp fruit chutney
1 tbsp plain flour
1 tbsp mild curry powder
2 cups boiling water
salt and pepper to taste
• Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
• Scatter the onions in an ovenproof dish that will fit the sausages snugly but with a little gap between each sausage.
• Prick the sausages 3-4 times with a fork and place on top of the onions.
• In a small bowl, mix the remaining ingredients, except the boiling water, and mix to a paste.
• Add the boiling water, season with salt and pepper, and mix to combine.
• Pour the sauce over the sausages.
• Bake uncovered for 30 minutes, then give everything a good stir and turn the sausages so they can brown on the other side.
• Bake for a further 20–30 minutes until the sausages are golden.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 50–60 minutes
Feel free to follow my Facebook page for more recipe idea videos and book discounts. https://www.facebook.com/theworldseasiestrecipes/