These sweet, spicy muffins are irresistible and make a great lunchbox snack.
¾ cup sultanas boiling water, enough to cover sultanas
2 apples, skin on, cored and grated
½ cup raw sugar
½ cup neutral oil (e.g. canola, vegetable or grapeseed)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1½ cups self-raising flour
1 tsp mixed spice
• Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F) and line a 12-cup muffin tray with paper liners.
• Place the sultanas in a small bowl and pour over enough boiling water to cover them.
• Set aside for 5 minutes to soften.
• Whisk the eggs, apples, sugar, oil and vanilla in a bowl until well combined.
• Sift in the flour and mixed spice, and mix until just combined.
• Drain the sultanas, then fold them into the mixture.
• Spoon evenly into the muffin tray and bake for 15–20 minutes or until the muffins
spring back when pressed lightly.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15-20 minutes