Updated: Jun 17
This comforting pudding has a cherry base and a buttery sponge topping. It can be prepared in a matter of minutes and then placed in the oven, so it’s fantastic when you need to make a pudding in a hurry. Serve warm or cold with a dusting of icing sugar and a scoop of your favourite ice cream.
1 x 700g (26oz) jar preserved pitted cherries, drained
1 cup self-raising flour
1 cup white sugar
1 cup milk
100g (3.5oz) butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla
• Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F) and grease a 20x20 cm (8x8 inch) ovenproof dish.
• Place the cherries in the prepared dish.
• Place the remaining ingredients in a medium-size bowl and whisk until well combined.
• Pour the mixture over the cherries.
• Bake for 35–40 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 35–40 minutes
Feel free to follow my Facebook page for more recipe idea videos and book discounts. https://www.facebook.com/theworldseasiestrecipes/