Updated: Apr 6
This is a great recipe to try in summer when zucchinis are available in abundance. Serve with aioli, tomato sauce or plain Greek yoghurt mixed with lemon juice.
2-3 medium zucchinis
2 tsp Italian herbs (optional)
salt and pepper
1 cup panko breadcrumbs
1/2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
• Preheat oven to 220°C (430°F) and grease a large baking tray.
• Slice the zucchinis lengthways into strips about 1.5cm (3/4inch) wide.
• Place the eggs, herbs and plenty of salt and pepper into a bowl and beat well.
• Place the breadcrumbs and cheese on a plate and mix until well combined.
• Dip each piece of zucchini in the egg mixture and then roll in the breadcrumbs, pressing to ensure the mixture sticks.
• Place on the baking tray in a single layer.
• Bake for 20-25 minutes until crisp and golden, turning half-way through cooking.
• Serve immediately.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20-25 minutes
Feel free to follow my Facebook page for more recipe idea videos and book discounts. https://www.facebook.com/theworldseasiestrecipes/