Talk to any Southlander and they will have their favourite version of this recipe. They are perfect served with a bowl of soup or eaten on their own as a snack.
1 cup evaporated milk
½ onion, grated
2 cups tasty grated cheese
2 tbsp onion soup powder
10 slices fresh sandwich bread (white or brown)
melted butter for brushing (optional)
• Preheat oven to 180ÅãC (350ÅãF) and grease an oven tray.
• Place the milk, onion, cheese and onion soup powder in a pot and gently heat until the cheese has melted, stirring constantly.
• Allow to cool completely.
• Spread the cheese mixture over the bread slices (tip – lightly flatten each slice of
bread with a rolling pin to make it easier to roll).
• Roll up and if necessary secure each slice with a toothpick.
• Place on the baking tray and brush with melted butter.
• Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden and crisp.
Prep Time: 10 minutes, plus cooling time (approx. 30 minutes)
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Feel free to follow my Facebook page for more recipe idea videos and book discounts. https://www.facebook.com/theworldseasiestrecipes/