Updated: May 2
This nougat recipe is so simple to make and yet so impressive to serve. Share with your family and friends, or, better still, make a batch or two to give away as homemade gifts.
200g (7oz) white chocolate chips or buttons
200g (7oz) white marshmallows
200g (7oz) whole toasted almonds or pistachio nuts
• Grease and line a 20x20 cm (8x8 inch) baking tin.
• Melt the chocolate in a large microwave-safe bowl in the microwave, using 30 second bursts.
• Add the marshmallows and microwave for an additional 30 seconds, or until the marshmallows have melted.
• Add the nuts and stir until well combined (the mixture is quite stiff and sticky).
• Press the mixture into the prepared pan using wet hands.
• Refrigerate, then cut into pieces when set.
Makes: 16 squares
Prep Time: 10 minutes, plus setting time (approx. 2 hours)
Cooking Time: 0
Feel free to follow my Facebook page for more recipe idea videos and book discounts. https://www.facebook.com/theworldseasiestrecipes/