This salad was invented to serve the Queen at her coronation in 1953. This version was given to me by my foodie friend, Gail, and is so easy to throw together. It’s best made a day ahead of time for the flavours to develop, making it fantastic for entertaining. However, don’t worry if you can’t – it’s still delicious made just before serving.
1 cooked chicken
2 cups green grapes, cut in half
1 cup mayonnaise
½ cup unsweetened yoghurt
½ cup (125ml) cream or milk
3 tbsp apricot jam or mango chutney
2 tsp curry powder
toasted slivered almonds to serve (optional)
• Cut the chicken meat into bite-size pieces and place in a large bowl.
• Add the grapes.
• In small bowl, mix the mayonnaise, yoghurt, and cream or milk until smooth.
• Add the jam or chutney and curry powder and mix until well combined.
• Pour the sauce over the chicken and grapes and mix until well combined.
• Refrigerate until ready to serve.
• To serve, transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle over the slivered almonds.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 0