Updated: Apr 6
I just love this loaf. To make it a healthier treat, I sometimes make it with
wholemeal flour and raw sugar.
1 cup dates, chopped
1 cup sugar
25g (1oz) butter
1 tsp baking soda
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
1 tsp ground cinnamon or mixed spice
• Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F) and grease a loaf tin well.
• Pour 1 cup of boiling water over first four ingredients. Leave to cool.
• Add sifted flour, baking powder, walnuts and spices and mix until combined.
• Pour into the prepared loaf tin and bake for 35-45 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
• Delicious served warm or cold and spread with butter.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 35-45 minutes
Feel free to follow my Facebook page for more recipe idea videos and book discounts. https://www.facebook.com/theworldseasiestrecipes/