Updated: Apr 6
These cheese scones are the easiest scones I’ve ever tried making. Feel free to add chopped herbs, onion, ham or cayenne pepper. However, they are delicious just as they are. The secret to these scones is to work quickly.
2 cups plain flour, plus extra for dusting
1 tsp sugar
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups grated tasty cheese
1 cup milk
• Preheat oven to 220°C (430°F).
• Place an oven tray in the oven to heat while you prepare the scone mixture.
• Sift dry ingredients into a bowl.
• Mix in the cheese, then make a well in the centre of the mixture and add the milk.
• Mix with a knife until just combined, then turn onto a floured bench and shape into a 3-cm (1-inch) thick rectangle.
• Cut into eight pieces.
• Dust the hot oven tray with flour and place scones on top.
• Bake for 15–20 minutes or until golden and well risen.
Makes: 8 scones
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15–20 minutes
Feel free to follow my Facebook page for more recipe idea videos and book discounts. https://www.facebook.com/theworldseasiestrecipes/