Updated: Apr 6
This slice is a lovely afternoon tea treat with coffee, or an easy dessert.
You can use blueberries in place of raspberries. This recipe is from Angela
Redfern’s book Ripe Recipes.
6 egg whites
2 cups desiccated coconut
2 cups icing sugar
½ cup self-raising flour
175g (6.2oz) butter, melted
1½ cups raspberries (fresh or frozen)
• Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F)
• Grease and line a 20x30 cm (8x11 inch) slice tin.
• Place the egg whites and coconut in a bowl, then sift in the icing sugar and self-raising
• Beat until well combined.
• Fold in the melted butter and pour into the prepared tin.
• Scatter raspberries on top and bake for 30–35 minutes.
• Slice when cool.
Makes: 8 slices
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30–35 minutes
Feel free to follow my Facebook page for more recipe idea videos and book discounts. https://www.facebook.com/theworldseasiestrecipes/