Updated: Apr 6
This recipe is very versatile. You can serve it warm or cold with a salad for a light meal, or chill it and take it on your next picnic, or save it for tomorrow’s lunchbox. You can also add other ingredients like fresh chopped herbs, bacon, cooked chicken or ham. I sometimes top with thinly sliced tomatoes before baking.
2 packets chicken flavoured 2 minute noodles
3–4 medium-size zucchinis
2 tbsp olive oil
2 spring onions, finely chopped
pepper to taste
1 cup sour cream
1 cup grated cheese
• Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F) and grease and line a 20x30 cm (8x12 inch) baking dish.
• Bring water to boil in a medium-size pot.
• Break the noodles up and carefully place into the boiling water, then cook for 2 minutes.
• Drain, then run under cold water and drain again. Set aside.
• Grate the zucchini onto a clean tea towel, then wring the towel to remove as much moisture as possible. Place the zucchini in a bowl.
• Add the spring onions, sour cream, eggs, noodle flavour sachets, oil and pepper. Mix until well combined.
• Add the noodles and mix well.
• Tip the mixture into the prepared dish and smooth the top. Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the slice.
• Bake for 30–40 minutes until golden and cooked through.
• Allow to cool, then cut into slices.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 30-40 minutes
Feel free to follow my Facebook page for more recipe idea videos and book discounts. https://www.facebook.com/theworldseasiestrecipes/