Updated: Apr 6
This recipe is invaluable when pumpkins are in season. It’s economical and full of flavour. Make an extra batch and freeze for later.
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp red curry paste (or more if you like it hotter)
800g (1.8lb) pumpkin, chopped into 3 cm cubes
3 cups salt reduced chicken or vegetable stock
1 cup coconut milk
1 tbsp brown sugar
2 tsp fish sauce
salt and pepper to taste
• Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
• Add the curry paste and fry for 2–3 minutes to release the flavours.
• Add the pumpkin and stock, and simmer until tender, approx. 20 minutes.
• Blend in a blender or with a stick blender until smooth.
• Add the coconut milk, brown sugar and fish sauce. Season to taste.
• Reheat in the saucepan, without boiling, and serve.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
Feel free to follow my Facebook page for more recipe idea videos and book discounts. https://www.facebook.com/theworldseasiestrecipes/