Tell the kids they’re eating macaroni and cheese and they’ll be none the wiser of the hidden veges!
2 cups macaroni, penne or any other small pasta shape
½ cauliflower head cut into small florets
2 cups milk
2 tbsp cornflour (corn starch)
1 cup grated cheese
salt and pepper to taste
extra cheese for sprinkling
• Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F) and grease a 20x20 cm (8x8 inch) baking dish.
• Cook the pasta in a large pot of salted water for 4 minutes.
• Add the cauliflower and cook for another 6 minutes or until the pasta is just cooked.
• Drain and return the pasta and cauliflower to the pot.
• In the meantime, pour the milk into a small pot.
• In a cup, mix the cornflour in a little water, then add to the milk.
• Bring to the boil over a medium heat and stir until the mixture thickens.
• Remove from the heat and stir in the cheese. Season to taste.
• Pour the sauce over the macaroni and cauliflower, and mix until well combined.
• Tip the mixture into the prepared dish and sprinkle over the extra cheese.
• Bake for 20 minutes or until the top is golden and bubbly.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Feel free to follow my Facebook page for more recipe idea videos and book discounts. https://www.facebook.com/theworldseasiestrecipes/