Updated: Apr 6
This deliciously rich, silky traditional pudding creates its own sauce in the baking
dish. It’s a no-fail recipe guaranteed to be devoured by your family and friends.
Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
1 cup self-raising flour
3 tbsp cocoa powder
½ cup brown sugar
80g butter, melted
½ cup milk 1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
¾ cup brown sugar
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1¼ cups boiling water
• Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F) and grease a 23x23 cm (9x9 inch) ovenproof dish.
• Sift the flour and cocoa into a large bowl.
• Stir in the brown sugar.
• Make a well in the centre and pour in the butter, milk, egg and vanilla.
• Mix until well combined.
• Spoon the mixture into the ovenproof dish.
• For the sauce, sprinkle the brown sugar over the mixture, then sift over the cocoa powder.
• Gently pour the boiling water over the back of a large spoon all over the pudding.
• Bake for 35–40 minutes or until the pudding feels firm and springy.
• Rest for 10 minutes before serving to allow the sauce to thicken slightly.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 35-40 minutes
Feel free to follow my Facebook page for more recipe idea videos and book discounts. https://www.facebook.com/theworldseasiestrecipes/