Updated: Aug 2
This dessert is guaranteed to warm you up on a cold winter’s night, though don’t think you can only make it in winter. It goes down a treat any time of the year! It can be served warm or cold, and with cream, yoghurt or ice cream.
1 x 825g (29oz) tin pears
100g (3.5oz) butter, melted
1 cup rolled oats
½ cup plain flour
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup desiccated coconut
1 tsp ground ginger
• Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F) and grease a 20x20 cm (8x8 inch) ovenproof dish.
• Drain the pears, reserving 1/2 a cup of juice, and place evenly in the bottom of the prepared dish. You can chop the pears into small pieces if you like.
• Pour the reserved juice over the pears.
• Mix the remaining ingredients in a bowl to combine.
• Sprinkle the mixture over the pears.
• Bake for 30–35 minutes until bubbling and golden.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30–35 minutes
Feel free to follow my Facebook page for more recipe idea videos and book discounts. https://www.facebook.com/theworldseasiestrecipes/