Not quite the classic version, but it’s a fantastic substitute when you want takeout but don’t want to leave the house. Dinner will be on the table in 15 minutes! Feel free to add chilli flakes if you like it spicy. You can add cooked chicken or prawns if you don’t want to go vegetarian.
200g (8oz) flat rice noodles
1/3 cup sweet chilli sauce
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup water
4 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
1 x 450g (16oz) bag coleslaw mix (cabbage and carrots)
1 cup mung beans
lemon juice (for serving)
• Cook the noodles as per packet instructions, then drain.
• In the meantime, place the sweet chilli sauce, soy sauce, water and peanut butter in a large frying pan over medium heat and stir together for 1 minute.
• Add the coleslaw mix and cook for another 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
• Add the mung beans and drained noodles, and stir until well combined.
• Push the mixture to the side of the frying pan. Add the eggs to the frying pan, stirring the eggs until they are set.
• Mix the eggs into the rest of the mixture.
• Serve in bowls and drizzle with squeezed lemon juice before serving.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes