This slice is fantastic when you need to make something in a hurry for the children’s lunch boxes. Can be served iced or un-iced.
3 Weet-bix, crushed
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup self-raising flour
1 cup desiccated coconut
185g (6.5oz) butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla extract
your favourite icing (optional)
• Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F) and grease and line a 18x28 cm (7x11 inch) slice tin.
• In a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients until well combined.
• Add the butter and vanilla, and mix until well combined.
• Tip the mixture into the prepared tin, spread out evenly and press firmly.
• Bake for 15–20 minutes until golden.
• Cool in the tin, then ice (optional) and cut into squares.
Makes: 12 squares
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15-20 minutes
Feel free to follow my Facebook page for more recipe idea videos and book discounts. https://www.facebook.com/theworldseasiestrecipes/